Thread: Truck update
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #82
Stephen717

Re: Truck update

Once again I've been travelling, and once again I returned with something. It's been 5 months since I last went up north and this time I decided I wasn't returning without my truck, so I rented a U-Haul trailer, loaded it up sort of sketchily, was told to grab anything I wanted out of my grandfathers shop (mission accomplished there), and drove it to a dollar general to get some duck tape so the roof wouldn't raise on it. Then I took it to the scrap yard. As much as I loved the camper shell it weighed 400lbs and was causing the truck to sway back and forth too much. After that I stopped in Front Royal at Royal Farms for lunch and gas before hitting 66 and made my way south from there. My normal 7½ hour trip ended up taking 10 hours total but in the end it's totally worth it to finally have the truck down here. July 14th makes 6 years since I bought the truck and we're planning to go back up north in August so I'd like to have the truck on the road by then to show people that I was serious about restoring it and that I do plan on finishing what I started. Anyway that's all I have for now. Start a new job in a couple weeks and will have money to finish the brakes and get wheels and tires then.
Attached Images

Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote