View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 05:46 PM   #16
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
It does look like you will need some sheet metal work to get your tires and track width to work. There goes the blue patina. It might be an idea to look for a blue viking. Seems like blue was a common color. You might get lucky in the classifieds.
i set about estimating this again now that i have the actual wheels.

factory C30 IFS wms-wms: 65.8 (per Wiki ... will reconfirm myself later)
55 fender lip inside to inside: 72.5 (directly measured on my truck)

wheel face to wms: about 1" (wms being further out b/c front dually wheel)
wheel face to tire: about 1" per a few samples around the shop
wms to tire: even

dually adapters used for this: 2"
my total wms-wms: ~70" (should also be outside of tires)

so straight up i should have about 1.25" per side clearance fender lip to tire as i tuck, gaining more as i gain camber at droop. seams like a reasonable plan while it's all apart to also cut half of the wheel lip back, and fold what's left up. shouldn't affect fender structure, completely hidden in the fender, and should gain me another 0.75" per side clearance. 2" fender to tire at worst when the steering is straight seams pretty good. this should get the tread inside the large roll at the top of the fender without getting it into the inner wheelhouse. TBD on the inner wheel house really, but it can get chopped up n tubbed.

while at full droop, or driving at a bare minimum height, this may limit my steering a bit. however my scrub radius is pretty small considering the inside of the tire is actually right at the ball joint axis. by the time i get to a 6 or 8" ride height, i hope to have all the clearance i need.

:nerd: (where's this emoji when ya need it!)

Last edited by 6DoF; 11-24-2020 at 11:15 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote