View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #25
79gmc5.3
6.0L power.........

Re: 79 GMC Sierra LWB 6.0L swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
man, i've been looking over your pictures and have a few questions?

1st can we see more?

but seriously, is that a custom piece of chrome that runs on the back side of the cab? and what did you do to that floor in the #12 post? i know you said it was lowered... but i'd like some details because that looks really good with those seats! looks factory....

and btw what mounts are you going with for the ls??
Dennis the cab chrome is from LMC truck. The floor is the brain child of the guy (Max Craft) who did my paint and body. He is truly an artist. He positioned the seats and cut slots in the floor pan. positioned 4" channel to the right height and welded it in with sheet metal around it to close it off. He drilled holes on the channel and welded in studs to bolt them down. The seats are from a 2001 Sierra.

As for what engine mounts, I'm not sure any suggestions? I am in the planning stage now. still collecting parts. So I need all the help I can get on who to do the wiring harness, ECM re-flash, engine mounts, trans mount, Do i need a new trans crossmember or can I relocate? So all who have gone before me, lets here what you used..... Thanks in advance!!!!
Attached Images

1995 Mustang GT 347
79gmc5.3 is offline   Reply With Quote