View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #38
Flathead Smith

Re: Parked Indefinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado454 View Post
The monotony of my day to day garbage job has been having a direct effect on my life. Depressed, unmotivated and generally lost, I've not only turned to my tried and true mix of Jim Beam and off brand ginger ale, .......
I would argue that garbage collection is one of the most important jobs in existence. If there were no doctors people would survive, many would die from disease, but the fact is most would live. If there were no lawyers … well I’m not going to go into that. I can think of many people this world could possibly do without. Life would be worse and more difficult without many professions, but most people would survive. But if there was no one to take the refuse of the world and put in a safe place, there could not be enough people in the health care profession to deal with the disease that would occur. If you are gainfully employed doing an honest day’s job, you are in fact making the world a better place for us all doing the LORD’s work and have no reason at all to be lost. Plus, you also have the opportunity many of us do not, to run across some pretty cool stuff some idiot does not value, and has thrown away.
Flathead Smith is offline   Reply With Quote