View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #8
MrFinland

Re: BMW 325i 1989 restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Not usually my kind of car but I like it . Are body parts available new or will you source them from a salvage yard ? What are your engine plans ?
Thank you Flashed! New parts are still available and I already ordered the part below the windscreen. Front fenders I have to buy new or repair old ones. Many people say that aftermarket fenders don't fit well. Other rust repairs I'm probably doing straight sheet metal.

For this engine, which by the way is the M20B25 (2.5L 12-valve), I intend to install a 2.8L 24-valve (M52B28) crankshaft and pistons. The compression ratio is to be raised higher. The cylinder head is being modified. The camshaft becomes better. Exhaust manifolds will be better. Exhaust pipe bigger. Fuel injectors bigger. Adjustable motor control is very likely to occur. Lighter flywheel. Of course, all bearings etc. will be new.
I want the engine to look original but more powerful than new. I don't want to install a turbo even if it gets a lot of horsepower. For example, here's a YouTube link from a car in the same city as me. The owner of this car is a really skilled Tuner !!!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2U-zbLcJZKJ1zh

I am happy if I can get to my car around 220-230 horsepower because the car is pretty light weight (1200 kg). New to this car have been 170 horsepower.

My English is pretty weak but hopefully you got it!
MrFinland is offline   Reply With Quote