View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #1777
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I have heard (read?) that the benefit to these is that if the hose compresses under the clamp, that this type of clamp will take up the slack since it remains in tension.

Nice house in .za. Tell us a little more about it if you like.
Thank you.

Long story short.

My first house, designed it, had a guy build me a timber frame home when timber frames were rare and unknown in South Africa.
People build in brick and mortar there.
Lived and loved it for a few years, then sold it to move 50km across town.
I loved it, my first wife hated it, as she wanted a completed 2 bedroom home, I prefered bigger and doing all the finishes myself.

Was chatting with Dennis, and also Alistair, and it is interesting to see how prices are all over the place for flights.

[quote author="@alistairk" source="/post/2733616/thread" timestamp="1653581945"]@grizz I've no idea. Ticket prices seem to be up and down all over. Jiggling a few days either way seems to sometimes affect the prices quite a lot, or going a week earlier or later. Obviously avoid peak school holidays, etc. and special events in either UK or US (like thanksgiving or 4th July whatever)

Just play with Skyscanner / Expedia whatever and see how it shapes up.

I think my tickets were like £460 but the swine then said that didn't include hold baggage! BA is becoming EasyJet... I paid £50 for my return home bag but I took a seat upgrade with free bags on the way out as they made me a nice offer

Also be aware BA have told me "car and motorcycle parts" are prohibited items in hold baggage now...

So a bunch of stuff ended up coming home in the boot of the LTD. Hopefully it all makes it here OK...[/quote]

You are right, prices are erratic.

Agreed, they become sneaky.

I was just chatting with Dennis.

Then went onto Google for direct flights to St Louis,

However, not available.

At £683.00 though, I am going.

BUT……

The price is cheaper right now, were I to buy (got to sort a new passport and ESTA visa) than in 2019 when I went.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote