View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #4
TexasJeff
Don't Crush em Restore em

Re: Help me with these 7 project tasks

I agree with MrOlds88, everything can be a DIY project. Great advice of pictures, that way once it is apart you have references on the way it should go back together. Carb removal is pretty basic, only 4 bolts, the hardest part is all the hoses and such that connect to the carb, (reason for pictures) and most oh the hoses will only fit one place, they have been there for years. Oil leak I would venture to say is the valve cover gaskets, then it runs down the block and to the oil pan. Fasten seat belt lamp sounds like it might be a ground problem, when the seat belt is installed it completes a circuit to turn the lamp off. The wiper switch has only 3 positions, off, low and high, and press for washer fluid, so that is working properly. Oil pressure may just be the gauge these are never very accurate, maybe add and after market gauge for better reading. Brake jobs, some advice, only do one side at a time, that way you can always go the other side for reference, especially on the rears, but a brake job is all very basic mechanics and will save you lots of money when most shops charge at least $100 an axle.
1998 Red with Gray Interior, C3500 Chevy Crew Cab Dually
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote