View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
RatRod68

Re: 71 C30 dually restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMatt View Post
Anybody know how to determine how long my 4 link bars should be?

I'm building a parallel 4 link with a panhard bar. My rear semi bags will mount just behind the axel. I've looked at a few calculators but they're way too confusing. Can I just pick a length where they mount easiest and go or am I asking for trouble? My rear tires are huge so I know I need about 10 inches of separation from the top and bottom bars but as far as length goes I'm not sure. Seems like a lot of people say as long as you can fit, Is that really true or is there a good way to determine the optimal length? Any advise is greatly appreciated.
I'm running a very similar setup in my explorer. I have a parallel 4 link with leafs, rather than coils and a track bar. I have the same amount of seperation, at 10". All 4 links are the same length, which means the mounts had to be brought out from the frame. As far as length, I don't know off hand, but if interested i can measure them. The ride is excellent with no axle wrap and extremely little binding that you would get with just a single trackbar. The amount of travel will increase the more you extend the arms, but I don't see why you would need very long arms due to how low the truck is. The only reason you would want to go with longer arms is if you wanted to lay it out. You would need the longer arms to tuck the axle (travel that was spoke about in the post above me) higher into the cargo/bed area
D-Ranged Ford Ranger on steroids

Semper Fi
RatRod68 is offline   Reply With Quote