View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #6
vintovka

Re: 1954 replacement doors any good ?

I think i have a original, used, replacement drivers door on my 54. It fits "ok" but seals like fecal matter. My original door was damaged on the ranch when i accidently rolled backwards and caught it on a tree. I have no doubt i damaged the cab door opening as well. I have heard this is/was a common issue when backing up with the door open to see.

I might add i was able to try several doors at the junk yard (decades ago) and the one i chose was the "best fit". Many were "all over the place" fit wise Still having issues with poor sealing and wind noise despite add on surface seals.

I have always thought that original doors were hand fitted to the cab at the factory. They may have had a number of different doors to try when assembling. Martins pic of an ad cab being assembled in another thread says it all. The reproduction door makers may have just a single original to copy, so fit is not assured. Given my experience with even original doors and repro parts i would really avoid the latter completely.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote