Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #772
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

I've got the entire top of the hood to strip, bodywork, and epoxy.
Here are some pics of the wiring of the roof lights and my scaffolding (what a crazy setup but it worked) made with my extension ladder. One end on my workbench and the end held up by my overhead by my crane and various straps to stabilize that end. It worked fine to get to the front of the roof. I had totally given up on snaking the power wire from the roof down into the cab. I mean every possible way and with no luck. I made an executive decision to go ahead and drill the hole in the roof where the center light power wire is and work from there. After drilling the hole it took about 10 minutes of fishing around and I was able to run the wire down the rear driver corner where the courtesy light comes down. I was then able to to get the other two lights wired. I've got the connectors hooked up so all I have to do is plug in the pigtails when I mount the lights. I need to drill a few more holes to mount the lights. I've got LED bulbs and new pigtails for the lights and I've got some gasket material on order to go between the light assembly and the roof. I hope it works.
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote