View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #71
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSeal View Post
Love this thread! Not a huge 4Wd guy (even though I have a 84 K30 and 4WD Toyota ). But the transfer case rebuild brings back memories of when I did it on my 84 (NP205/SM465)! It was meticulous but it was gratifying! Tracking down pieces and parts can be tough as well.

It has been indeed a lot of fun! I have received a lot of help from this forum...I have to call out Chuck (cbeerman) as he has helped me a ton on getting the rockwell back together. It was a challenge for sure, but I hope that I can get another 50+ years out of it. The only real snag in the rebuild was the rear output shaft....the manual calls for close to zero end play. After I got it all together, there is a very small amount of end play in it. I may have to take stuff apart again and remove some of the shims, but we will see.

I also plan on doing a rebuild on the other transfer case as well so that I have a spare. If nothing else, it is relaxing to work on this stuff.

I also did an about face on the front axle. I decided to go back to the original closed knuckle front axle. I have it about 90% rebuilt and it is installed on the frame. I will be updating the thread with pictures shortly.

Clay
Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote