View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 12:11 AM   #169
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Smile Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Agree that's a very nice one. I'll say this though (and this is a general comment on today's market, not anything negative about this truck) - I think sellers today are misguided when they think that a fake Cheyenne Super K10 swb, for example, is more valuable than an actual Cheyenne K10 swb (they must, or why would they take the time and extra expense to fake one?). At a minimum, the "upgrade" shrinks the potential buyer pool by at least 1... But I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone. It can also potentially shrink the price - i.e. it's a false assumption by sellers that they can get original Super money by slapping Super emblems on a truck (unless, of course, they're taking it to Barrett-Jackson). I'd submit that this seller would make more actual profit had he not lifted it, not added Super emblems, not added aftermarket wheels, etc and just sold it as it was, a Cheyenne K10 swb, a rare bird in its own right that buyers will pay top dollar for.

Again, don't get me wrong, this is clearly a very nice truck and my comment is meant to be more general in nature because we see all kinds of trim levels advertised as Supers these days, and there's nothing wrong with that (this seller clearly readily provided a SPID when asked) - but, in some cases, I think sellers are actually shrinking their buyer pool and hurting their profit margin by upgrading to a fake trim level. My 2 cents.
From looking at 1000's and 1000's of truck ads over many years I think the original unmolested or trucks with minimal cosmetic upgrades and safety features and like a 4 speed auto trans sell quicker and bring good money, especially the ones with the A/C stuff intact.Do you agree Mark ?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote