View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #10
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Slot mags vs pyo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
That amount of weight is probably pushing it for a C10 in my opinion.
From what I can find online 7500lbs is max towing when properly equipped. Which it does not say what it is or means exactly.

I have a 12 bolt with big drum brakes. Probably like 12x2.5 inches, but I have not measured. The front breaks are the small 1/2 ton version, but if I keep it a C10. It will get the bigger rotors with Wilwood D52 calipers. Otherwise light duty C20 suspension pieces with the D52 calipers again. I have a rear airbag kit to be welded in once my mom tells me if I need to lower it. She is 80, and kind of short. So I will make this easy for her to get in, and out of safely. Likely it will get a 2/3 drop, but I am waiting for her word.

Plus the engine is good for around 465/475 minimum based on the build sheet, and original dyno tuning chart. The TH700r4 is a hybrid with 4L65e parts, and corvette servos. Along with a decent sized transmission cooler.

Most towing is withing 20 miles of my place, and with longer drives. I schedule it so it is before traffic or after. As it evolves coming down the Cajon pass. So I want to be as safe as possible. If it were a dually no sweat. Anytime would work.

I am more worried about the tires as they make or break the package. If I feel 15's won't get me where I need to be. I will just do the C20 suspension as I love the pyo rims as they are stupid lite.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote