View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Lugnutz65

Re: 1966 c10 speedo help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcle91 View Post
the driven gear is there and i can feel the drive gear through the hole in the trans. maybe my gears are worn out? they feel good but i have never dealt with them before. and when i connect the cable to the metal piece and spin the gear you feel tension of the cable spinning? i have been searching these forums for an answer and im clueless.
OK, thanks for the pictures. Yes, that's the driven gear in your hand. If the drive gear is worn, then it won't turn the driven gear.

What you can do to check is put the driven gear back in but leave the cable disconnected. Put the rear axle on jack stands. Start the truck and put it in gear so the rear wheels turn. Have someone with a flashlight look to see if the driven gear is spinning. Make sure you take all the safety precautions. Your helper should be able to see the end of the driven gear without needing to get under the truck. No need to get the wheels spinning very fast. It should be obvious.

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote