View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 05:44 PM   #5
Pick121

Re: Towing mirror upgrade 2019 Silverado 2500HD

I am not gonna do a step by step install tutorial, they actually have that on their web site complete with YouTube videos. It was pretty straightforward with a couple challenges, just get the right tools and don’t be afraid to pop into your brand new door!

https://boostautoparts.com/products/...gm-tow-mirrors

What I like about these mirrors, they have the option I went with which is a LED strip that is a constant solid white running light, when you turn on the signal it goes to blinking yellow. I like the looks better than the individual LED dots, this gives my truck a unique look compared to stock. You can also see the options on their web page, here is a daylight photo you get the idea.
Also they fold in automatically, have defrost, signal light on both sides - forward and rear facing, and a super bright backup light on both sides, really lights up the sides of your truck when backing a trailer to show obstacles. They also slide out (manually) another several inches for towing.
One caution I have, you can set up your truck options to fold in and out automatically when you start/unlock or turn off/lock and that could be an issue, it snows and freezes a lot where we live so I turned that off because water/ice/snow could damage your mirror folding gearing/mechanism if you fold it in and out after a freeze.
Attached Images

Last edited by Pick121; 12-11-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Auto spell
Pick121 is offline   Reply With Quote