View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #8
SCOTI

Re: Opinions on brakes and wheel combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
....I would love to have a pair of truck rallye wheels on my truck, but with my rotors being 13" I need at least a 17" wheel. I couldn't find any trucks with this size rallye installed to see if it would look alright or not. Wheel Vinteques sells a 17x9 rallye for about $300 while a 15" rallye is about $100.

Any words of advice or suggestions would be appreciated. If anyone has seen a 17" truck rallye on our truck let me know if they look good or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
Appreciate all the feedback so far. I'll have to search through the link that was posted to find a truck with the wheels I was after.

I'm going to have to think about all the suggestions. The wheel price doesn't worry me so much, it's the look of the 17" rallyes on our trucks. Like I said I'll look through the link and see if I can find the wheels in that size. Someone has to have them on one of these trucks.

If I did decide to keep the fronts the way they are - I'd like to keep the rear brakes the same brand. I might have to call Baer Brakes and see if they have a cheaper version since $1600 is a bit steep for rear brakes. I couldn't find any on their site.

Or another option - I get rid of the front rotors and calipers and buy a cheaper version for all the way around. I'd just need something to adapt to my drop spindles which I couldn't imagine would be too difficult.
I quickly looked @ the link provided & saw C10's w/larger diameter 'car/vette' style ralley wheels but not the 'truck ralley' style.

Detroit Steel has larger diameter steel wheels that 'mimic' GM truck ralleys. They're available in 5 & 6 lug pattern but heavy. Minimum diameter is 18" I believe.

USMag Wheels also has a 'truck ralley' appearing wheel in larger diameters (17" & up). They're aluminum & pricey. Also available in 5 & 6 lug options...

https://us-mags.com/sierra-us706-6-lug-w-7843.htm
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-03-2021 at 05:08 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote