View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 10:04 PM   #1
FamilyTruckster65

65 C10 Family Connection

I have been working on the 65 C10 that my folks bought brand new. This truck is the first vehicle that I had ever ridden in and what I learned to drive. This was my familys only vehicle from 65 to 74. It took dad to work, mom to the grocery store and our family on every road trip until the late 80's.

Dad ordered it with the better seat, chrome side moldings, 230 six cylinder and the 4 speed. In the 80's we had a same vintage Aristocrat Lo-Liner for camping. I has been all over the West.

In 1995 with well over 300K documented miles it tossed the harmonic balancer for the umpteenth time and was parked. My Father had always kept meticulous records of fuel and maintence. I have these little notebooks that log every fuel stop that he made, how much was used, what it cost, where it was from, and if it was a special trip like vacation. I could only find back to about 1972, but I am sure earlier ones existed.

As a teen I got to use it sparingly from about '84 to '87. Other than a few things is was very original and well used having to put up with 4 teenagers learning to drive.

In 96 my parents moved to a new home and I towed the Chevy over to the new place and parked it in the back yard. I was the last person to be in it until December of 2021, when with the help of my 87 year old father and a couple of dear friends we pulled it from the dirt and began the journey of getting a C10 back on the road for the next chapter of enjoyment for our family.
FamilyTruckster65 is offline   Reply With Quote