View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 09:13 PM   #20
FamilyTruckster65

Re: 65 C10 Family Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
You haven't really said what your plans are for the truck. Keep it original? A few upgrades?
Hi BigMoe,

I have not shared any details yet. On the wish list is for this to be a fun driver. Something you want to take just because.

On that note, I have put many miles on this truck in the stock configuration. While I have many great memories; I do want it to be more modern feeling. I want more comfort with the look and flavor of the origional. In the 1980's the 230 with the granny low 4 speed and 4.10 gears that howled louder than the AM radio at 55 mph were fine. It was on a comfort parallel with my VW bug that was older than I. But to fit the current (my) definition of fun it needs to be reliable enough, brake, steer and handle well enough that you can drive it 600 miles a day on a road trip when the mood strikes you. Was it that way before? Yeah, but expectations change.

So I guess we could call this a resto-mod? Or Belly button build. I am not breaking new ground it will be like thousands that have come before, it will just be ours..

I hope you understand.
FamilyTruckster65 is offline   Reply With Quote