View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #26
Brocko

Thumbs up Re: 1966 Chevy C-10 New project-need help

Captainfab,

thanks for the info! but yup local store around me cost around $45 for those parts! I think a carb rebuild kit is a good idea. As well as inline filter. I didn't even think about a transmission filter but I'm glad you mentioned it! That along with fluid should get me running well! So as far as smooth cruising, here what I have in my knowledge. As far as same driving. These are the things I have in mind that I need to complete. If I miss anything please let me know!

In order of how I plan to do them-

1)I have to complete my drum brake installation all the way around.
2)Replace ignition points,condenser,cap, and rotor.
3)Follow through with carb rebuild kit.
4)New fuel filter.
5)Changing transmission filter. As well as adding new transmission fluid.
6)Empty the gas tank (even though the gas is new) because I need to get the rust out/sludge.
7)Possibly new sender unit installation.
8) I'm kind of out of ideas! I'm thinking I might need new suspension? not sure. And I'll probably need to rewire headlights/tailights etc.

Is there any big surprises I may come along? As far as a healthy engine and quality drive. I don't know everything beforehand I'm kind learning new things I have to fix everyday!

66 Submarine-
Thanks for the site info! I was looking at Rockauto.com and noticed the bare replacement pieces mentioned before (condenser,points,cap,rotor) would only cost me 9.61 before shipping. Seems unbelievable to me!

Quick Question. Can you explain this further I'm having trouble understanding.

"Best thing is a replacement, but I cleaned mine with a chain and still haven't plugged a fuel filter in several thousand miles (I always like to add a metal in-line filter with paper element before carb); didn't do that to another and it plugged filters every 100 miles or so IIRC, and did that for a few thousand miles until it kind of stopped."by 66Submarine.

Thanks guys! Brock
Brocko is offline   Reply With Quote