View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 08:11 PM   #3
jocko

Re: Rebuilding HORROR story

Sounds horrible. Sorry such a painful experience. Cannot expect an engine builder to be an engine compartment restoration person also, but there are many things in the short amount of the video that I watched that show the obvious lack of attention to detail. I'd submit that a local engine shop is not going to have every chassis manual for every vehicle on the planet in that type of business - but they SHOULD keep track of nuts and bolts and where the hoses were removed from so they can replace them. Did you pay for a long block rebuild on each or did you pay for an engine resto and to get it running great/tuned, etc? I ask because there is a fine line between the two. The latter is what it sounds like you were after - but if you paid for a long block build only, then they will stuff a decrepit carb right back on there and leave it to the customer to sort out all those "nit noids"... Has happened to me too, with a body shop though, pointed out some clear lies they had told me on the phone when I went in to check on it, ended up getting in the car and driving off with masking paper still on it, after a few words I probably shouldn't have said. But, being 18 and broke at the time, perhaps I was expecting a little too much from the local Maaco... (Still, didn't expect the outright deception I experienced with that particular one). I'm sure they aren't all that way. But that was a long long time ago.

While you didn't mention it above - if the name of the place appears or is implied in your video, be cautious or you'll have a lawsuit on your hands and this nightmare won't end. It's not worth it.

What happened when you returned to the builder and discussed all this with him?
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote