View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 11:32 PM   #1
Accelo

Reproduction Window Regulator with incorrect bolt centers

Nine months ago I purchased reproduction Window Regulators from Brothers.
I went to install them today and found what I thought was incorrect bolt centers.
I can install two 1/4" bolts but the other two,in the long direction, don't even show through the holes because they are so far off. The regulators are not going to work as it. . It doesn't appear the crank will be in the center of the hole either but can't tell for sure unless I put on the door panel.
I didn't find out till after 5:00 today, so I will be tomorrow till I can find out what they are going to do about this.

I noted that Brother's drops your prior orders from the web access portal after a month or so. Unlike some companies that keep it for a reference for a long time.

More information.
I couldn't figure this one out so I went and inspected it again.
I measured the bolt hole centers and found if it was installed upside down it would fit.
So I inspected the other side (RH) and it looked identical to the LH I as attempting to install.
Turns out the LH was marked RH. So what I have it two RH sides. I am sure I didn't mix them up as the packaging is marked and the other side is still sealed in plastic. I guess it's better than a incorrect manufactured part. Another week set back but I have other things to do in the mean time. Hopefully I got my panties in a bunch for nothing and Brothers will take care of it.

This morning fter 33 min on the phone I moved from caller number 9 to caller number 3. I'm guessing they have one, or possibly two, customer service representatives. All the while telling my how important my call is every 44 seconds. Forty two minutes later I was connected to Rex. He is sending me a replacement, in five days, when they arrive as they are out of stock.

My call began at 8am PST. I don't understand customer service anymore. They try hard way too hard to drive business to the web portal. The web wasn't going to fix my issue.

Rick

Last edited by Accelo; 05-18-2021 at 11:49 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote