View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Too Old, Too New, Just Right...

As far as I know, the uniqueness of the '95s is in the dash parts. It was the first year for that dash design, so same as '96-'00. BUT... '95 was the last year for OBD1, so harness connections are different. I am stumped right now on my '95 heater control panel. No replacement is offered. GM stock is depleted and the solution GM 'used to' offer was a conversion harness to allow the use of the very abundant '96-'00 heater control panel. Vultures on Ebay want $200 for that adaptor harness. I understand the aftermarket not seeing enough profit from developing the one year control panel, but it evades me why someone wouldn't offer the conversion harness. At least one of the vintage wiring companies if not the mainstream aftermarket. I mean, if the GM one can fetch (not from me) two bills for it, I'm sure an aftermarket could ask half that. I would pay $100. The problem with buying a used '95 control panel is the reason I need one. As soon as you touch the 27 year old plastic mounting tabs they break off. There is nothing mechanically wrong with mine.

Jocko, I guess I was wrong. I looked for '94 pictures and some showed the new grille with old mirrors. Others had new but probably weren't '94s. I know '95s got the new style. I guess when I get a '94 I'll have to change them .

I didn't like the new GMC grille at first... because I had an almost new '92 . Then I realized I actually like it more. It is more of what I liked about the GMC over the Chevy when I ordered the '92. Basically, the grille is like a big rig. It's simple grille work only where the radiator is to protect it, like big trucks. But the '94-up is even more like that, being painted body color with only chrome on the inner surround. It has what I like about the 67/68s, bodywork with openings for air. Also, the chrome plastic on '93-back grille fails. It bubbles up from water running off the front edge of the hood and getting behind the plating. Just a real clean look on the newer style
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote