View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Last night I got some lights put up in the barn I'll be working out of. It's been too hot lately in the daytime to do much outdoors so this way I can work after the sun goes down.

Some shots of the rust. Not bad for our area, and none of the other trucks I looked at were anywhere near this solid. The first pic is the worst spot on all of the truck. I'll probably section the rocker in the door jamb (so the cuts/welds/paint blend won't show on the outside) to get to the inner panel rust.

Solid rockers!!

Inside of the bed is in great shape. I'll see if I can salvage the bed rails and have them powdercoated.

Not even any surface rust on the inside of the bed panels.

Solid cab corners.

New wood for the bed was also part of the deal. IIRC, its Hard Maple. Will get a black stain and sprayed with a satin clear.

And the best part of the deal (drumroll please!) The pair of original 1966 SC license plates that were the original tags on the truck. The original owner had taken them off and stored them under the seat in the original mailing envelope all these years! Our state allows YOM tags to be reregistered so I'm going to clear coat them to preserve the paint and run them.

That's all the pics for now. I've been working (inside in the A/C!) on polishing the grill (just getting the milky haze off, not stripping the anodizing) and cleaning/polishing the dash knobs. I've got the gauge assembly apart for cleaning and detailing and should have it back together soon. The next steps will be to get the fuel and brake lines run on the frame, installing the rear C notch and 5" drop springs, and staining/clearing the bed wood so I can install the bed on the frame. Then I'll move on to the cab/interior.

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-07-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote