View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
Average Joe

Re: The 'Burban Chronicles.....

Over the next year I replaced the rear home made trailer hitch, heater core and hoses, mirrors, and added a tach. I gots to have me a tachometer in my old rigs!
I also degreased the motor and replaced the battery cables. I was basically looking to insure its reliability and trying to figure out what direction I wanted to go with it. I knew I wanted power steering and brakes. ideally front disc brakes. However money is always tight in our household and I would have to be resourceful.

Enter my friend Moose. A great hulk of a man with a heart of gold. He just so happened to have a '86 C20 Burb he had been trying to sell for over a year. He offered it to me for $120. Now this was no peach. It came from "Joysey" and had copius amounts of rust. The tranny was questionable and it had a habbit of overheating in the summer months. However it drove well and had its obligatory front sway bar, fold flat second seat, and receiver hitch. These were all parts I could use on my '67. Granted they may require a lil "messaging" to fit. I figured I could part out the rest and scrap the remainder. My condolences to the '80's square body crowd here. Believe me though, It was pretty far gone.

Unfortunatly I have no pics of it. However a google search of rusty '80's Burbs turned up this:
Attached Images

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote