View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #1
kxmotox247

Project 68 - Radical Rebirth of my First Truck

Most of you who know me... know me for the Baby Blue 67 short bed I owned. I ended up selling it in 2016 so I could fund a couple of other projects.

Long story short is this is the rebuild of my first running vehicle. I've owned it since 1996 and it came from the Joppa Illinois area. It's a 1968 Chevy LWB C10 CST with a factory 396/400. The truck had a 67' front clip and had obviously been in a wreck or two judging from the damage uncovered after stipping it.

This was my reliable transportation for many years and I had a great time driving it. It's been tucked away indoors since around 2000 and I'm just now getting around to building it the way I want.

Unfortunately the problem with this truck is that the frame was badly damaged in an accident and there was significant rust in the bed and bed floor. This kind of forced my hand into turning it into a short bed and replacing the frame. My plans are to save as much sheet metal as possible and swap it all over to a No-Limit chassis.

I'll share some pictures and I hope you guys enjoy seeing them. Major props go out to those members who are self disciplined when it comes to documenting their projects. Thank goodness for the cell phone's convenience or there would be no pictures. I'll likely have to go back and forth to add/edit comments.

So here she was back in 1998 in Carbondale Illinois.
Attached Images

Last edited by kxmotox247; 01-13-2019 at 12:58 AM.
kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote