Thread: 69 GMC build
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
#169fan

69 GMC build

Ok, if I put this in the wrong place, let me know. The story behind my truck is like this. I learned to drive in this truck on my grandparents farm about 25 years ago. It belonged to my grandfather who passed away 15 years ago. When he passed the truck went to Gilette Wyoming to his brother who was going to restore it. His brother passed away abot 5 years later without ever starting the truck. After several years went by, I was finally able to get the truck back to Missouri for myself. I finally got the money together to start the resto about a year ago and have been working on it ever since as money allows. It is a total frame off as well as totally removing all suspension as well as the hangers and everything down to just the entirely stripped frame rails. I sand blasted the rails and coated the frame with Herculinar. it looks awesome. I then rebuilt a front end from a 79 so it now has a 5 hole disk brake front end, I am also using the rearend which has also been rebuilt and waiting to install. I forgot to mention the frame was rusted out under the rear hangers which is why I had to remove them. I had it cut out with a plasma torch and new metal welded in before I coated the frame. Anyways here is where I am now and what I started with. Let me know what you think.I forgot to mention that I totally rebuilt the engine. Bought a new polished intake for it today. I am wainting on the new gear drive to get here that I ordered the other night so I can finish assembling the engine and get it on the frame. My plans are for a cowl induction hood, all leather seats which I am going to pick up this week from a member of this site, digital gauges, and the original turquiose paint color. By the way, it is only a 2 wheel drive. I just had a set of 4x4 centercaps on that particular set of wheels.
Attached Images

Last edited by #169fan; 09-05-2009 at 10:44 PM.
#169fan is offline   Reply With Quote