View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 07:25 AM   #153
LT7A

Re: Project “Blue Bomb” (rebirth of a 1970 c30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I believe when you first got this C30 I had one too. I actually had a ton of different 67-72 projects. I decided after I turned 60 this was ridiculous, even though I feel like I have plenty of fun buying, trading, and never really caring too much if I ever have something finished. I cleaned house anyway and the C30 also went bye bye.

I keep coming back to your thread though (stupid me lol). Today I went to the fellas house (don't worry I wore a mask ha!) and made the deal to get my ol C30 back. Didn't even take any arm twisting on his part. Its weird times for everyone, especially for a lot of us that only play with trucks for a hobby

I hope to have it home in a couple of weeks. When I owned it I over planned it. Wanted to paint it. Wanted a dump bed ... Blah blah. Now Im going to keep it white. Patch the walk through. Give it a tune up, a carb rebuild, a water pump, and fix the exhaust leak.

I want to do the flat bed pretty close to the way you did yours. I am going to stay with the 16 inch wheels though. I need to buy a new seat cover, dark olive Cheyenne Super. I sold mine when I sold everything off.

1971 Cheyenne Super C30 157" wb, 402, auto, dual batteries, cab lights, factory cruise, and a cool compass on the dash board

Oh, and thanks for the excellent side shot!
Howdy neighbor, did you get yours back yet? Any pictures of the reunion? Gonna do a build thread for us? I agree with your comment about over-planning. It is easy to get so caught up in ideas that the project gets stuck. 68bowtie did a great job showing how to keep it relatively simple and keep it moving - well done build and thread.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote