View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #76
Xeen

Re: 1968 Chevrolet SWB Stepside Restomod

Ok so back to build planning for the truck.
I've decided since I'm an aggressive driver I'm going to need better handling and since I've already done a 2/4 drop and added a front sway bar its time to add a rear sway bar so I will be ordering one from CPP.
Also since I dropped the rear 4" and added a rear shock relocator Kit im going to need something shorter than stock length rear shocks so I will be ordering those as soon as I figure out what length I need.
As far as rear brakes go I am really tempted to do the rear Disc conversion, I personaly hate working on drum brakes because in my oppinion they are the biggest pain in the arse ever, plus they have terrible stopping power, I just have to figure out if that is reason enough to spend $550.
As far as a heart for this beast I'm still considering my options and no decisions have been made as of yet, however for the transmission I'm definately going with a Overdrive model, probably a 700R4.
As far as wheels go right now it has GM 15"x6.5" rallys and I'm trying to decide if I want to slap some 18" Coys on it or not, if I do it they will be the C-5 Black Chrome model.