View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #165
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
just a heads up, incase you dont know the 67-72 wheel wells dont fit are trucks bed sides without some trimming to the inside of the bed were they bolt up at!! i had to trim mine and it comes reall close to cutting the support brace thats in there! because of the lip on the wheel well, so i just notched that lip around the area were the brace was!! the 70' steel floor on mine has the ridges in it and i just went to the next ridge to make it look kind of factory looking.
Thanks for the heads-up Chad.
I have already trimmed the box-sides and welded & moved a few of the mounting holes in the wheel wells to better accommodate my application.
I liked these because they are a little taller than the correct ones, thus I can get a little lower with these.
I also only get to work on the truck on mainly weekends, as it it located about 35 miles from home. I usually work on it friday night till 10:00 p.m. Saturday all day till about 10:00 p.m. & Sunday all-day till about 7-8:00 p.m. because I need to get up at 4:00 a.m. for work.
Once in awhile I can sneak a weeknight in on it too.
I have no personal life outside of this right now...Not married & college aged kids...
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote