View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
kyull67

Parallel Double Park It Sideways

I ran across a 1963 Chevrolet Biscayne a couple months ago, it had been sitting in a field since 1985. It had very little rust and everything was there so we struck a deal to have it dropped off in my driveway. I actually made the guy take $100 less then he was asking because he couldn't find the keys. Of course the first day I worked on it I found the keys under the driver side rubber floor mat! Score. So now I have my first car, a '63 Biscayne with a 230 straight six and a powerglide.

For the last couple weekends Bobbo and I have been working on the brakes and motor. We rebuilt the carb, new water pump, points and it runs like a champ! After the brakes were done we tested the powergilde, added a quart of fluid and it runs down the road like a Cadillac!

Here are a few pictures of what we've got so far. I'll keep posting as I polish out the paint some more and get started on the interior. The plan is to keep the outside as is, maybe some wheels If I can find something cheap, but to have an imaculate stock interior. Oh yeah, also drop it to the ground. The frame on these cars is built with a C notch already so we've got about 12" of travel on the rear and 10" in the front.
Attached Images

Last edited by kyull67; 01-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
kyull67 is offline   Reply With Quote