View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:19 AM   #1
P7M89MM

71 Cheyenne LWB Build (RideTech Air and zz502)

After lurking around for a year, I figured I'd post up the 71 I picked up last April. I was originally looking for a 3100 but saw this on Craigslist and convinced my wife to go check it out. It was the first truck we went to look at. This was the only picture from the ad...

When I rolled up to it, I couldn't believe the paint. The owner claimed he only had 200 miles on it since being painted. It's the original scheme with 516 orange. ECE drop spindles, flip kit, and KYB shocks. After a test drive, I was sold. I couple more pictures from the seller...

SPID...

Original pictures...

Quickly got the truck cleaned up, and door locks and ignition changed. Then within a couple weeks the new wheels and tires went on. They're 20x8 (245/45/20) and 20x10 (295/40/20) Torq Thrusts.

Had some cab mount rust mitigated and a rear end leak sealed up...

Snagged a model truck for my office...

At another shop to PDR a small elbow dent in the hood...

In the garage...

New seat belts installed. Also installed new clip on door seals later...

Lined up for the Car D Lane Cruise in Coeur d'Alene, ID...

New RetroSound stereo...

Late Summer...

Now in storage waiting for Spring!

I should have some decent updates in the next several months. I've purchased a full air ride kit from RideTech. It'll convert my leaf springs to trailing arms. I'm sure I'll enjoy the additional performance, ride quality, and height adjustability. I've always thought this truck should be just slightly lower, at least in the front. Thanks John at RideTech!

While the truck is in the shop for the suspension, they'll also be swapping the rear end gears from the current 3.07s to 3.73s and posi.

Lastly, what started as a belt squeal, recently turned into new brackets, pulleys, water pump, power steering pump, and alternator from CVF Racing. I also added Hedman Black Maxx coated mid-length headers, Billet Specialties valve covers, Edelbrock air cleaner, and other required pieces. My shop will paint as much of the block that they can manage while leaving the engine in the truck. I also believe I'll need to route new exhaust with the new rear crossmember from RideTech.

I probably won't have many updates here in the near term, but I'll make sure to update this thread when I do!

Future future plans may include engine update/swap, overdrive, and/or AC including a full cab re-spray and carpet.
P7M89MM is offline   Reply With Quote