View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #82
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehstr View Post
looking at doing a t-56 swap one day in my current project, thanks for the info you are putting out it really helps me to have an idea of what I will be getting into.
Thanks for the encouragement.

I have been sidetracked by other vehicles that I've now sold. In their place, I bought a reliable "daily driver" WS6 with a built LS7 swap.
The other cars I had were attention and maintenance hogs, so I needed something that wouldn't give me trouble but that could still get the blood flowing
Untitled by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

So all that said, attention is back on the C10, and so this weekend I tore down the cab. I'm going to prime and paint the cab after sandblasting it (inside, underside and all) but I'm wondering how easy/hard and expensive/inexpensive it is to remove all the glass or if it's just better to leave as is and tape the windows and seals off.

In case I decide to shave holes, I marked the holes I have to keep in the swap.

The factory HVAC setup is all there and in tact and worked but the ducting under the dash was just rough and I would like to get a more simple and cleaner setup anyhow (maybe Vintage Air, not sure)
Anyone know the story behind the factory lettering on the firewall here?

I'm not personally a fan of the factory bench, although I do want to be able to take two passengers with me, so I'm hoping to score a deal on some gray 2011+ Honda Odyssey seats for cheap somewhere. They will also give me the option of a fold down middle seat and also cup holders, etc.
2011 odyssey seats by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

I know the Previous Owner (PO) did already paint and treat a lot of surface area before laying down the sound/heat deadening material but I'm probably going to rip it all up and blast all this metal too. I hate to be this far down and not do that, lol, but that thinking is truly truly destroying all date goals for this project.