View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 PM   #10
Yerboogieman

Re: 1971 Suburban 4x4 build "The Big Ugly"

Been focused on getting it done I almost forgot to post. We started sanding and coating the floor in rust reformer

My girlfriend was under the hood getting that prepped. She fits in smaller places better than I do.

I got out the industrial RoundUp and went to work on this. I'll take another photo this weekend of it all cleaned up. Rain chased me inside. My dad started stripping the cowl and the metal underneath looks much better than I expected. Actually looks perfect for an original piece. I need to seal up the corners. They leak water into the cab.

And the moment I've been excited for. The engine is fully assembled and ready to go back in.

I ordered a new custom driveshaft and it's sitting in my garage right now. ready to go back in. It's gonna feel so nice with a whole new drivetrain. After it's back together I'll chop a hole in the firewall and put the new harness in. I might take a video of first start up and the tuning process on the Dynojet.

While this build hasn't been cheap, it's cheaper and cooler than a new truck. I'm anti car payment.

1971 Chevy Suburban 4x4 Build Thread

Last edited by Yerboogieman; 11-20-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Yerboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote