View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 08:08 AM   #37
TKCR

Re: Restoring OEM Seatbelts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglowacky View Post
I had just decided to go with the other red for my 78 build (entire interior) because my trim is the color of the belts before your restoration and it looked way out of place next to my current metal dash color I never thought they could be so different in color then the real color. WOW I think I will buy a can of dye and get a better idea of the color first.
Your 77-78 Red is not Carmine Red. It maybe a different shade, darker maybe, but I have never used the 77-78 Red, so I can’t say for sure. So trying to match my pics up to your interior isn’t the way to go. Anyways, some of the belts that I have done are either 79-80 CarmineRed and 81-83 CarmineRed, even those are different in color. Picture colors always look different on the computer, and verses the lighting. I’m sure your belts and your interior trim is faded, especially after 42 years. I haven’t come across an interior that hasn’t, no matter what the color.
Now if you want your seatbelts restored, I would use your belts and use the 78 Red, especially if that is actually your interior color. Best thing to do also, is if you have a SPID sheet in your glove box or on one of your inner fenders, see what it says your interior color is. A lot of people don’t realize that our trucks have had numerous different shades of reds, blues, tans, grays and greens.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote