View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Upon closer inspection last night, I trashed the front fenders as well. Looked good laying there but upon closer inspection they were all fiberglass. took the mouldings, emblems & clips off and tossed them on the scrap pile. Hood appears to be perfect except for one small rust hole on front lip about the size of my pinky. Have not had the chance to really study it to see if things are "well hidden". There is no hiding the rust in the lower doors though, pretty nasty. They have some decent parts on them so I will most likely part and label for future use. I may keep the doors around to play with installing lower skins on.
Tailgate is perfect except for the swiss cheese pattern across the lower 4" portion. Looks like new wall art to me.
WIndshield frame has two spots in it right where the top cap of weather strip screws on. The main top bar and both pillars are solid. Has a nice tinted windshield in it, too bad the wiper left a big scratch on the driver side.
Front and rear seats are originals that have been recovered in cloth. THe rear floor section must have been super rusted out since the rear floor brackets on the rear seats are totally rotted. front seats and brackets look good.

Front grill needs polishing but no nick, scratches or dents and the inner grill is not broken anywhere that I can see.

This is the 1st one that has had a single wall top with it. Top is in real good shape as is the hatch. I have not tried the key in the lock yet. This one also had the polished stainless carpet strips as well that are in A1 shape. There were only 3 pcs in with all of the stuff so I assume one pcs is missing. two of the pcs look as if they go up on the top rails above the wheel wells and one looks like it is either front or rear floos strip. I would guess it to be the front one.
Hope to finish breaking it down tonight so i can get the chassis outside.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote