View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 11:37 AM   #51
jeffahart

Re: Prices of our trucks at BJ Scottsdale

I like the resto mods. But for the long run, I think the average person is better off buying something leaning more towards stock.

Most people have difficulties with a collector vehicle because it's becoming harder to get people that are willing to work on them. A few years down the road, after the mods become dated, it gets even harder to find someone willing to put their hands on them. At least with a stock vehicle the owner can pick up a manual and refer the mechanic to page 265 and an autozone link to the parts needed. It's already coming to that!

I've been going to the BJ auction every year since I moved out here. It's a fun afternoon for me. I really like to walk through all the tents and see the vehicles up close. They have a sold sticker and the sold price. Sometimes it's a real head scratcher, why did that go for so much, and that for so little. A lot of the trucks posted above are gorgeous when seen up close.

But, it's all just a snapshot in time. Who knows what the market will bear five short years from now. It's fun to watch though.

j