View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #98
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

ok, i got a lot more done tonight than i had expected. thanks to my buddy matt who showed up around 7:30. by about 10 we had the rear end nearly out. Unfortunately my wife works tomorrow, so we had to stop hammering and grinding. But on a good note, she works, so i get all day in the garage to myself.

Here's a pic of where we ended up. The only thing holding the rear in is the drive shaft. The damn U-joint is rusted in place, but a good few whacks with the hammer should take care of that. If not, the cut off wheel is coming out and the driveshaft will get cut.

Today at work i drew out some plans for the trans X member I plan to build. This is draft 1, and i already have some changes i'm going to make. it will be made form 2"x3"x.25" tube, but i'm going to lay it on its side, and am going to blot it to the side and bottom of the frame instead of the top and bottom. That way I have more room for exhaust.

Oh, and i found steel shop today. Going to get 2 bars of .125"x6"x20' for boxing the frame and then a 24' stick of 2"x3"x.25" for the X member and some other stuff I planned.

IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote