View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #5
spacedebris

Re: 63 GMC good buy?

This is just my opinion but any truck that has set and not started for 15 years I would say is not a running/drivable truck. As said above, you'd have to flush and likely replace the entire fuel system. Breaks, wiring, and cooling systems would all need refreshing/replacing. Assuming the engine will turn over (by hand) so that you know all the cylinders are free, then hopefully all the engine will need is a tune up and cleaning.

Now that being said, if the body is good and without rust in the normal areas (floors, pillers, and rockers), and everything else like glass and rubber are in decent shape, then I would say you would have a "minor" project vehicle. And assuming the interior is decent and not needing a lot of work, I would likely say it is worth between 2-3k. But again, thats just one guys opinion. like said above, Pics would help a lot.

Personally I like the long steppers. Eventually I'd like to get one myself.
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote