View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 10:56 PM   #765
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

More WMB progress today. The bulkhead connection checked out okay. I know I cleaned it up when I put the dash harness in and it still looked good. (Oh and the whole replacement of the HEI power wire too.) So I just blew out the dust and put a fresh coat of Corrosion Block on the spade connectors and reassembled. Thank goodness no new can of worms there.
However taking the snow tires off and putting the mags back had a bit of a hiccup. As I was turning the passenger front wheel heard it click. More spinnng. Sure enough there was a definite clicking sound. Nothing felt loose but after some recollecting, I'm sure that when the truck was in the shop I only checked and repacked the bearings. So the are one of the last pieces that haven't been replaced. It took going to 2 Napa stores to get inners, outer, and seals. Fortunately it was a straightforward replacement with no other detours. I really wanted to wash the truck too as the weather today was great, but my sister called needing help with a bench she is building.
Oh well maybe tomorrow. At least I'm back on the road.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote