View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 09:03 AM   #10
jasinger01

Re: 1969 GMC.. right off the farm

Spent some time getting the leaf springs out, i am confident that the hardware/bushings were original just like the front end was. Luckily was able to get the shackle bolts out with impact wrench and a hammer but the fwd hanger bolts were entirely seized so I needed to cut them out with a cut off disk.

It turns out the leafs I got from a friend weren't drop leafs, they netted me the exact same height. The ones I pulled out of the truck were 3+1 with slightly more arch, and the ones he gave me are 4+1 with slightly less arch.

I ordered CPP drop shackles and new moog leaf spring bushings, not sure exactly which set of leafs i am going to use yet. Plan is to get them mocked up with the shackles, and see where the truck sits. Then i'll either start removing leafs or head to the local spring shop to have them de-arched. Anyone get any advice on that?

Edit - i have heavily considered the flip kit, but I don't want to notch the frame at this point. Might be an option for the future if I want to drop it more
Attached Images

jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote