View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 06:10 PM   #252
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Always nice to install something you didn't have to begin with. Actually I had the upper fuel line tube at some point, but the charcoal can was removed when we R&R'd the engine in 1993, and subsequently the mechanic I used sometimes replaced the line when he installed a fuel pump with a return line, where he sent the vent tube to the return line.

Anyway, I think this came from Precision. Works great; not all that close on top to begin with, but easily workable. Not sure how close to original - but close enough. More or less posting this because vendors distinguish between A/C and not for their upper fuel lines, which is a misconception. Has nothing to do with A/C, and everything to do with whether or not the fuel pump has a return line.

Some other things installed of late, nobody said this end was going to be fun, it really is and I enjoy throwing away boxes too.

I found an NOS upper cowl air door years ago. I think it stuck around so long because a hole wasn't drilled for the spring I decided to use it over original, it's a little lighter, I'd like to see how it holds up. As for the actuator, it came off my 72 that rarely fails me for spare parts

OT: Wiper motors are stamped Delco made in Dayton Ohio. My parents would get a kick out of that born & raised. They always said Dayton was the leader in engineering.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote