View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
olive drab

1987 Chevrolet K10 to K20 and repairs

I bought this truck the summer before I was a senior in high school in 2005 from a man named Cecil for $3600. It had 68,000 original miles on the 350 TBI, 700r4, 208 transfer case, 3.73 gears. Before I even had the truck I already knew what I wanted it to look like and wasnt going to let anybody change my mind. Over a couple years I painted it, put a 4 inch rough country lift on it, bought 5 new 35x12.50 bfg all terrains, changed all fluids/ belts and such.

After high school I drove it 420 miles to Nashville Tennessee where I went to Nashville Auto Diesel College. After I became more comfortable with my mechanical abilities, I put a B&M shift kit in it, MSD 6A box, Jet Performance chip in the ECM(which didnt do anything by the way), new wheels, and other miscellaneous items that go along with driving and older truck as a daily driver.

After finishing college I returned home to VA and bought a 1972 GMC 2WD Long Bed. The 87 kinda went on the back burner I as was infatuated with my new project. I turned the 72 2WD to 4WD in the matter of 10 months in my brothers backyard. I later made the mistake of getting married and everything went on the backburner for several years. Long story short I got out of the slump I was in for years and getting back to fixing up my 87 chevy from highschool again.

I call my 87 the "green truck". The main reason I started on this project again is because of a rotten spot on the frame. It was my first truck. The first thing I took out a loan on(from dad). It has been there for me through it all and I have millions of memories with it. My ex wife once told me that my truck was junk and I needed to get rid of it... My response was this and it has held true "These trucks were here before you and will be here after you long after your gone". Anyways I got alot of pictures to load to get yall up to date. Be paitient with me as Im still getting the hang of using this site instead of just viewing everyone elses builds
olive drab is offline   Reply With Quote