View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #14
burnin oil

Re: 2016 K2500HD work truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I would rather have a manual (if they made them anymore) but this has to be a pickup that my wife can drive. Oh well, it's not going to be my real work truck.

When we go down to look at this one hopefully late next week, I will ask about a new one also. But a new one will have even more complicated electronic crap than a 2016, and I guess I have to decide whether saving ~$20K (half price) is worth 73K miles already. Either way, I've pretty much decided to try to trade in the 1991 Suburban for it, unless someone here on this forum wants to speak up for it?

And then we need a topper of some sort for it right away. Gee, probably another $3K-$5K just for that

Also this fall planning to trade off the 2006 FWD HHR for something AWD or 4WD. We need to have every vehicle be something that can get through the snow and mud. Even in the summer, we can go to town on a dry sunny day and then it will rain in the afternoon and we can't get home again
Honestly if it was me I would go used if it all checks out good. I think that you have a safe 100k miles with only mild repairs ahead since the truck is only a few years old. The newer trucks seem to be really reliable for 200k or more.

I started stockpiling parts a few years ago since I can't see myself driving an auto truck. My neighbor has all autos so his wife can drive them and every time I work on them I am reminded how unhappy I would be. My driveway is 1/4 mile of hard packed gravel up a mountain and I can only get the jetta up for a couple of days after it rains so basically all the vehicles are 4x4. I really miss the compression breaking going down hill. The one auto we own always takes a lot of pedal to keep it from running away.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote