Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 07:32 AM   #52
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Back a while ago I posted some pictures of what my ideas were for the rolled pan. I did it in poster board before cutting and shaping metal to "see" if my vision in my head translated to reality. I have continued to pick away at it little by little. Here is the first trial fit of it. Still some welding to do but mostly done for this stage.

Of course the gas thank will be painted black so it doesn't stand out hanging below the truck. Although when on the ground and standing up I don't think much would be seen anyway.

I started by shaping some round rod around the plate creating a frame, then I welded some sheet metal from behind for the plate to bolt to. I then shaped the sides and welded it to the frame as well. The plate now will sit inside the round rod when all finished.

With the relief cut in the rolled pan I measured how deep I wanted the recess to be, it is just about 1.5", I then made a template and transferred that to some sheet metal I have. I shaped it and then welded it to the pan. I then cut and fit the plate box and welded it in place.

Hope you like it.... Feedback??

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote