Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 07:57 PM   #64
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

So the 45* pieces I needed came in just in time for my usual Saturday workout in the shop. From my previous post you could see that's all I need to finish the project. I had hoped top have this part done quickly, but like everything else things just take time. I kept measuring and cutting one of the ends for the passenger side until it fit to the current pipe and also at the rear fender. Once that was done I cut the second 45* end I had so they matched. At first I just used masking tape to hold them in place to check for side to side clearance and make sure they looked right, and even. At that point I grabbed my trusty Sharpie and marked the ends where I wanted them to be. One last cut for each tip and I was ready to tack them in place. I whipped up another tab to weld to the frame and another to the tailpipe for support.

As you can see with the bologna cut the tip is now horizontal and level with the ground. The very end just sticks out. This is a picture with the truck up on my lift.

This is pretty much at ride height, maybe a little high. But as you can see the tail pipes and tips are virtually impossible to see.

I then unbolted the entire system and fully welded it. Now I will just clean up some of the welds a little bit and off to get coated for my appointment on July 25th.

I hope you all are enjoying the build so far. I know I am having a blast doing it. I get a few comments here and there so I know some are watching. Thanks to you all.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote