Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 08:46 PM   #73
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Not a ton to report for all the hours spent in the shop today. You ever notice how some weeks it feels like there was a huge leap forward in progress, while other weeks even in though the same 6-7 hours was spent it almost looks like nothing happened? Eh, maybe its just me!

In any case, as I am winding down on the fab work for the chassis I am starting to knock off some of the smaller items that need to get done. I started this morning by facing up four stand offs for the E-Stopp electric emergency brake controller. Here they are tack welded to the frame...

And then the E-Stopp mounted as it will be later on....

I still need to purchase the emergency brake cables and connection fittings. I am traveling next week to the Syracuse Nationals and hope to find a Show Special on them rather then find them online and pay shipping.

I also got the battery box mounted. I really wish there was a better location for the battery in these trucks. But, I am hoping to need very little access to it once done. my plan is to make the obvious battery connections, but also run a second set of cable to an accessible set of jumper lugs for use with a trickle charger or jumper cables if the need should ever arise.

And lastly for the week, I had this cart left over from work a few years ago. I cut down a bit for height, then widened the stance for the castors. I also added a couple bars front and back. This is now drilled and ready to mount the bed to when I take it off the truck next time. With this set up as it is I will be able to bolt the bed down in the factory locations and have it stable for when I need to move it around and/or trailer it to the booth for body/paint.

1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote