View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #85
LT7A

Re: "Sweet Pea" 1975 Cheyenne 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
At a $130 a sq.ft. That might not be easy on the wallet, just to “make sure”. That’s why they only give you tiny little samples, and it is had to see what it would look like. The samples are more for color matching.
I see your point, however I would be inclined to spend the 15 bucks to get a foot of it to make sure. I don't know if they would send you any cuttings in lieu of charging you for cutting a chunk off of the roll. The highlander photo helps to at least see what the pattern is like in the environment of the cab. Good advice from Getter-Done to reference the seatbelts in addition to the rest of the cab. The greens need to play nice together and if one is tending toward blue and the other is tending toward yellow then they won't be in harmony.

Just so you know, the truck overall has kinda captured my imagination and I'm enjoying following along. Those shocks look like they are the originals. I am a big fan of the Bilsteins so I think changing them out was a good idea. But I would wash up and keep those old shocks and hang em on the shop wall. I have a bit of a collection of old parts, oil cans (cardboard type) etc. And I'll live long enough to see these trucks being restored to "factory condition" which means somebody will need those original shocks.

Last edited by LT7A; 07-02-2019 at 04:45 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote