View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 07:51 PM   #347
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Well man, after installing the door components everything else is eazy peazy. I don’t get to install the interior panels until the seat’s done. Don’t get that until? The material will be here “perhaps late February”. I ordered that say 6-7 months ago, prepaid $850ish.

The window's weather strip was a challenge on the first door, same for the sweeps. Not having done this I spent well too many hours on it. The next door was done in short order. Tip perhaps, secure the rear window channel to run the weather strip from the vent window down the top end of the rear channel. Loosen the channel’s top screw and remove its bottom screws to finish.

Still waiting on my $1100 radiator, cough. And the long pending hubcaps. Other then that and flooring I’ll pay to have done, all that’s left is to install the “nice” grille, the bumpers I haven’t selected yet, fun stuff like the visors, and the rear view mirror I consider the package’s bow.

Any ideas to re chrome bumpers? Hate to send them out; I’m open to drive some. Last I knew California restrictions prevent a good plating.

Picture of the RH door, I did this one first. I discovered some time ago I always start on the RH side, kind of weird, though now it's conscious.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-06-2023 at 07:57 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote