View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

Yesterday was another successful day of work. This is a low buck build so I have been trying to trade for or buy used when ever I can. This weeks lucky find was like new 4 core radiator out of a big block 73 Nova. It is slightly wider and shorter than the original radiator for these trucks but close enough to work. I checked with the local auto parts store and they wanted $200 for a new aluminum and plastic radiator. This radiator only cost me $75 and came with a small electric fan. I was able to reuse the original upper hose from my 73 GMC donor and I cut the original mounts and extended them slightly to fit the new larger radiator. I managed to finish the bottom mounts but unfortunately everyone else was working today so I had to give up the welder so someone could actually work. The upper mount will have to wait until next weekend. I was able to fill the fuel line and carb and take the truck on a short test drive. It has been almost 4 months since I bought the truck and it feels great to be able to finally drive it under its own power. After a few short drives (as long as it will run off the fuel in the line and carb) I started cleaning up the cab. First order of business was to get rid of the as much of the mouse nest as I could. I will have to pull the seat and work a little harder to get all the nest out but atleast most of it is gone now. Thankfully they seem to have limited mouseville to the back of the seat.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote