View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #121
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Brother your to do list sounds long. If we were closer I'd sure try to give you a hand. I see your hand truck and smile. The last time I went junk yarding I took our hand truck. I bungie corded two milk crates to it to put my parts and tools in. It got tiring pushing that thing all over acres and acres in this heat but it sure beat trying to carry everything.
It really is a big to do list. I've thought of this place as when I first got it all fixed up being so much better then when I bought it. Then one day it hit me potential buyers won't see it that way. They never saw it before and to them it would appear to be about ready for a remodel. I wasn't concerned about the fix'em ups and wanted them fresh before the sale. Plus I've been broke for so long. I was hoping to get some good jobs so I could do the bigger things, like the tree, but that never came. Really wanting to move out of this area and getting no closer, I decided to stop focusing on what I can't do and do all the things I could. I've been picking away at the work using a lot of the materials I've had stowed away and improvising/compromising a lot. I've done an awful lot in the last year or so.

Moving the barn, it seems, is pretty far fetched to the people I tell. It's a pole building and only 12 x 20. It does have a second floor and I put oak flooring down. But I think I can dig the footers, pour them and the 3' of slab, support, cut posts, brace up, and slide it on over. I may use pipe to roll it on and push with a skid loader. I moved the screen house (10' x 14') 3' with a come along. That has a second floor, too, and the first floor is framed with decking boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I've got a huge pine tree about three feet from the end of our garage/room. Healthy tree, nice shade, and far enough from the wildland that it's not really a fire hazard. But to add on or replace the garage, or even build a carport beside the garage, the tree will have to come down. I can do it no problem but the cleanup will be a big job and I hate to see it go. It's about a cord of firewood, though

I really want to do something to get our two newer vehicles in out of the weather.
We have seen how much nicer vehicles stay when parked under shelter. Also nice to not have a ton of snow or ice to clear off. I can't imaging how much firewood is in that maple tree. It's like 18 trees in one. The trunk is ungawdly awful huge. I also have a big white pine I'd like to take out. My older some planted it after winning it at an auction he went with me too. I had to let him plant it, but boy do I regret it. If I had gone ahead with moving the barn uphill in line with the garage to swap sides with the shed roof, I would have had to take a really nice Hemlock out. I have on old steel porch glider against the shed and under it. Makes for a real nice peaceful nook. Feels like back up home in the mountains.

So here are the transmissions and transfer cases before I put the steering boxes with them
Name:  DSCN2198.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  52.8 KB

This is the screen house now.
Name:  DSCN2224.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  42.0 KB

The barn somewhat cleared out.
Name:  DSCN2221.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  45.9 KB

And the SWB hauling it's first load before it runs
Name:  DSCN2219.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  31.1 KB

The pile of lumber from the racks in the shed side. I will build a rack in the little garage to move all that. It is a PIA but I need to use most of it on the house. Moving and storing is cheaper than buying
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote